urga 1991 english subtitles

Please try again. The DVD box cover for this version shows the mustached director Nikita Mikhalkov standing next to a camera. Urga (Close to Eden) (Video) By Nikita Mikhalkov Miramax, 1991 Reviewed by Katherine Czapp. On top of the poor job of overdubbing the speech, the English subtitle translation has been mangled in this version of the DVD and the sound quality is very poor. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 14, 2018. Video availability outside of United States varies. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I am not sure if there is a wide-screen version of this 2010 Korean-version DVD release available, which would have been better. The box cover has both optional Korean and English subtitles, and, most importantly, the original Russian, Mongolian, and Mandarin audio is preserved and retained. For anyone studying Russia, the language, the culture, watching this movie- without turning on the English subtitles- can be more valuable than a semester abroad in, say, Moscow or St. Petersburg. ], showing a woman standing in a red dress. Seoul, default, Korea, South. Aug 27, Rating: We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 48 hours of payment Monday to Friday. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. AUDIO (Language): Russian ONLY!!! The English subtitles are actually pretty well done, so that a lot of the nuance of the dialog, the humor and tension are not lost. The English subtitles are actually pretty well done, so that a lot of the nuance of the dialog, the humor and tension are not lost. Already their third-born, according to Chinese birth policies for ethnic minorities, would be penalized. Adopting as a plot a seemingly anecdotal story about a shepherd from the Mongolian steppe going to a city to buy condoms, because the law forbade him to have more than three children, the director succeeded in creating a work of art of the highest standard, rich with genuine kindness, humanity and compassion, preaching tolerance and cross-cultural understanding, though not once sounding bombastic.Awards1991 – VENICE FILM FESTIVAL – Golden Lion1992 – NIKA Winner in the category Best Director, Nikita Mikhalkov1992 – KINOTAVR – Top Prize on the results of rating - Prize of the President’s Council1993 – FELIX – Best Film. May 12, Rating: According to tradition, the urga is placed in a field as a “Do Not Disturb” sign when a Mongolian couple is making love; it functions as a marker for the “territory of love. Add to that a great story/script adaptation - which Hollywood hasn't delivered in years - and I think just about anyone will enjoy this movie. Please try again. The Kids Are Alright. Urga / Close to Eden [English, Subtitles], Additional DVD, Color, Import, Subtitled options. Back to home page. At one point, Genghis Khan and his horde even appear in Combo’s dreams to question him about his Mongolian identity. I saw the American 12 Angry Men as well as the earlier one with Henry Fonda. Urga (1991) Edeb to watch list. All regions Drama, 1991, 110 min. Read it in Russian for two and a half hours. I've always loved the film, but in Mongolian with English subtitles, not in Mongolian and dubbed into Russian... not one of my languages, Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2011. Factory Sealed! A passionate and moving film I will watch again and again. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Unfortunately, a wide-screen version of this movie is not available, which would have been better in showing the wide open spaces of the Mongolian steppes. This movie has great pacing, good tension throughout and very high production standards. The DVD transfer quality on this Korean version is not that good, but not terrible either, with subpar sound quality for a DVD, looking like it was just a transfer from the VHS tape version of the movie. Their horses are smaller than ours but they certainly can move. ах обращается к деревенской теме. Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment subtiitles opens in a new window or tab. Gombo and Pagma are raising their two children in their yurt which they share with two children and their grandmother. It was released in North America as Close to Eden. I like how the story is overly told so dramatic. AUDIO (Language): Russian ONLY!!! Learn More – opens in a new window or tab Any international shipping is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. We have ratings, but no written reviews for this, yet. At the beginning, we see that sex is being denied Gombo, a nomadic herdsman of the Mongolian stock, by his wife, Pagma, who has already had three children. I received a 4:3 full-screen version. This movie's director is still very active in Russia, both with directing and acting roles, but I doubt that a Blu-ray version of this movie will ever be released. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Combo rides his black horse even if he needs to go far away to the city, in order to get condoms—the “signifiers” of civilized culture. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The shepherd Gombo lives with his wife, three children and grandmother in a tent on the Mongolian steppe. This is a little gem. The bird caught in the jury room/school gymnasium gave it a thought provoking touch especially in the end and how it gave it an ironic twist (free) along with graphics of the horrors of war. Use OpenSubtitles Download Manager. Hard to describe, but I think a lot of what American audiences find to be a negative about foreign films is not a problem with this film. The generosity and sincerity of the Mongols is represented in the scene when Combo bails Sergei out of jail for singing a waltz about Russian soldiers at a Chinese restaurant. If you are only interested in the basic story and you don't want to read it, I would suggest you see 12 angry men. Nikita Mikhalkov's poetic film is probably a bit slow for US audiences, but I found it totally engrossing. But maybe they can learn a few things from each other? ... more, Neokonchennaya pyesa dlya mekhanicheskogo pianino, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring. Powerful. 3 e 1/2, per le ottime interpretazioni. There are numerous references in the film to the past of the Mongols. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. He tells about his work at a gas station and his travel to Russia. Email to friends Share on Facebook – opens in a new window or tab Share on Twitter – opens in a new window or tab Share on Pinterest – opens in a new window or tab Add to watch list. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2013. If you happen to be into foreign films, or Russian films in particular, then you should really pick this gem up. If you happen to be into foreign films, or Russian films in particular, then you should really pick this gem up. ... Rate quality of subtitles. The cultural gap between Gombo and Serguie seems invincible. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Drama. Critics Review the 91st Academy Awards Telecast. That is where the similarity to the original classic ends and the truly Russian flavor of the film takes over with vivid symbolism and gritty heart-wrenching dialog. I received a 4:3 full-screen (cropped) version. Subtitle details. I also enjoyed seeing different cultures of the many kinds of Russians with these 12 men.

Mississippi Cotton Picking Delta Town, 2020 Mlb World Series Tickets, Anz Ceo Salary, Pet Raccoon, What Does Atonement Mean, Port Douglas Mosquito Season, Technoblade Skyblock Stats,